What day do you celebrate in your classroom; the 100th day or the 101st day? I started teaching I had only heard about celebrating the 100th day, but throughout the years I have heard other teachers celebrating both the 100th and the 101st day. The first time I heard this I was working part time at the Disney Store as well as teaching full time and it got my brain thinking. I had always celebrated the 100th day of school which when teaching older grades was a lot easier then Pre-Kindergarten. My first year teaching Pre-Kindergarten I attempted a 100th day celebration by having my students bring in 100 items of food to share to make trail mix, made 100 day towers with 100 items around the classroom, and probably a few other 100 day activities. After my first year doing this with Pre-Kindergarten, I knew I needed to find a new twist on the day. That’s when I really considered doing a 101st day celebration instead. For the past three school years we have celebrated the 101st day of school by dressing in Black and White for the day, counting teachers and students dressed in black and white, eating a black and white ice cream cake, and doing various black and white activities. This year I as our 101st day of school approaches I am looking for new ideas to spice up the day. What do you do for your 100th or 101st day activities?
No comments:
Post a Comment