Last week, my students and I celebrated the life of Dr. Seuss and reading in the classroom. Although it was an exhausting week, it is always my favorite. During this week, I sort of take a break from teaching and just enjoy my kids. About three weeks before the week began I sent home to parents a list of time to come in and read to the class. I keep one day completely open so my assistant and I could read our favorite books but all the other days were set aside for parents. I found some great coloring pages and activities on www.seussville.com to incorporate into my classroom during the week. In my dramatic play center I place different items so they could dress like different Dr. Seuss characters. To end the week, we celebrated Dr. Seuss’s birthday in style with students and teachers dressed as Dr. Seuss characters, ate Dr. Seuss foods, and had a Seuss Parade through the school building. I have decided to make a few changes to this week for next year because this year’s class seemed to need more structure then years past.
Here are a few shots from the week:
student dressed as the Pants with nobody inside them.
Students dressed as Horton
Cat in the Hat Pancakes
No comments:
Post a Comment